Monday, June 25, 2007

Perseverance

One inch at a time. That is how I climb and that is how I live. Sure, the summit is my goal, but without each carefully calculated move, I could never make it to the top. Each small step and each giant reach presents a unique challenge. As I move up the cliff, I recognize characteristics of the rock and then adapt learned techniques to advance further toward the goal.

My father taught me perseverance by his example. I remember him going back to college when I was little. He worked all day, attended classes in the evening and then came home to study. I don’t know how he did it, but somehow the yard work got done and he kept the car maintained. I never have asked him how he managed, but he did. When I was just ten years old, my father received his degree. It took him many years, but he reached his goal and then moved on to other challenges.

As I reach the summit, I look back down and enjoy the moment. Then I gather my gear and start planning my next climb. One inch at a time.

Never give up, remember this: before the breakfast of champions there was the breakfast of failures.

Technorati Tags:


2 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm glad to see you back :)

Tony said...

Good morning.

I have just added your blog to a collection of all Nigerian blogs which I am currently building and which can be found here: The Nigerian Super Blog . On the site you will be able to read posts from 197 Nigerian blogs ALL from one place (this number will increase as we continue to add new blog feeds).

The preview version of The Nigerian Super Blog was launched on the 1st of July 2007 and the site is still very much in active development (thus you might experience a bug here and there). We'd be happy if you can find time to check it out (I promise you are going to love it because you will be able to read all your favorite blogs and more from one place!). Plus it will help much more people to find and enjoy your blog.

We'd also appreciate any kind of feedback, (blogs @ naijalive . net) and possibly a post about us. and if you really like the site, please tell people about it and add a link to us in your blog.

Other ways you may support this FREE project is by helping us with links or pointers to Nigerian blogs so that we can add them if they are not already there.

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work!