Josh Hinds mailed this to me, I found it quite interesting and would want to share.
It's called Breakfast of Failures
"If you want to increase your success rate, double your
failure rate." -- Thomas Watson, Sr. Founder of IBM
Before the Breakfast of Champions - there was the Breakfast
* C.S. Lewis (The Chronicles of Narnia) had over 800
rejections before he sold even one piece of writing.
* Oprah Winfrey was not deterred when she got fired from her
television reporter's job being told, "You're not fit for
* Og Mandino (The Greatest Salesman in the World) had lost
his family to drink and became a homeless person before
becoming an inspirational bestselling author selling over 30
* Marie Curie, recipient of two Nobel Prizes once said, "I
tried out various experiments... and the results were
At times I would be encouraged by a little unhoped-for
success, at others I would be in the deepest despair because
of accidents and failures resulting from my inexperience...
I was taught that the way of progress is neither swift nor
* Bill Gates and Michael Dell were college drop-outs.
* Babe Ruth had more strike-outs then any other baseball
player of his time. He also had the most home runs.
* Ann Bancroft, the first woman to travel across the ice to
the North Pole, reminisced later about not reaching a goal
to cover 2,300 miles across Antarctica (bad weather forced
them to be airlifted off) on an expedition with her sister:
"Once again this (expedition) is another successful
* After auditioning for his band, musician Eddie Bond told a
young Elvis Presley to "Stick to driving a truck, because
you'll never make it as a singer."
* Abe Lincoln lost his job and his sweetheart, failed
miserably in business, was defeated for state legislature,
had a nervous breakdown, was defeated for nomination for
congress, lost the renomination, was defeated for US Senate,
defeated for nomination of Vice President, and again
defeated for US Senate, before being elected as the
sixteenth President of the United States.
Forget about living a 'comfortable' life. I'm not interested
in the items you've crossed off your to-do list today. I
want to know: have you failed - I mean really failed lately?
breakfast,Bill Gates,Michael Dell,Og Mandino,Baseball