Friday, May 12, 2006

How To Make Friends Easily

Many of us mistakenly believe that its wrong or conceited to think we have any good qualities. We may spend a lot of time berating ourselves for our negative qualities, thinking that self criticism is the key to improving our performance. However, a constant focus on our supposed shortcomings can hinder our efforts to make friends with other people. I am actually a very shy person, infact almost timid but believe me when I tell people that, their attitude is always “YOU of all people” You guessed right, total disbelief.
But the truth is I asked myself how can I have the confidence to make new friends if I think I don’t have much to offer? How can I believe that others could like me if I believe my inner being is flawed? Or if I think I am too boring to interest anyone else?
We may wonder what anyone else would see in us if we don’t see any good in ourselves. In order for others to be attracted to us, they must be able to easily see our best qualities.

You might be thirty pounds over your ideal weight for example, but you may have a wonderful laugh and a huge zest for life. There are many people to whom your extra pounds will literally be invisible. You may drive a shabby car, but you might be a loyal friend. There are people out there looking for loyalty, or fun, or sweetness, or wit, and the package it comes in is not important.

You can decide to feel inferior because you don't have much money and you dont drive
a nice car. You can believe that this is the reason that you don't have many friends in your life, but remember that if you are very wealthy you may be suspicious that everyone is after your money and that nobody really likes you as a person. The point is, you can fixate on just about anything and believe its the reason you do not have friends and cannot make any. But believe me, it's all about you, if you want to have friends then show yourself friendly, SIMPLE AND SHORT.

Technorati Tags:


1 comment:

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

I came from a very humble family, but I have made friends with the richest leaders of society in Nigeria and one of them Rev. Kole Olowofoyeku is one of my mentors.

Friendship is based on honesty and transparency and love.
Without any of the three virtues, friendship will fail.

God bless.