Thursday, June 22, 2006

Honesty Is The Best Policy

Personally I hate lies, no, that's an understatement, I can't stand lies. However in the society we live today people talk and breathe lies. Here are some reasons why it pays to be honest, afterall honesty they say is the best policy.

1. Honesty means being authentic.
Honesty is a reflection of yourself and your true feelings. If
you want people to know who you really are, just be honest.

2. Honesty shows courage.
It takes an immense amount of courage to say what you feel. It
is difficult and takes practice and patience.

3. Honesty shows maturity.
Many times there can be hurt and pain associated with honesty.
A mature person can prepare for that and work through it with the
other person.

4. Honesty fosters a connection.
Honesty can bring people closer. It forms a bond, or connection
because the two people may be working with some very painful issues.

5. Honesty eliminates garbage.
Hiding true feelings or withholding information turns into
emotional garbage. Too much negative energy can be spent on
dishonesty. Being honest eliminates garbage and cleans out your
emotional tank!

6. Honesty will attract honesty.
If honesty is truly important to you and it's practiced
regularly, you will soon attract the same type of people into your
life.

7. Honesty can keep you out of trouble!!
We all know how you can dig yourself in deeper with lies and
deceit. So don't even go there!! Start with a clean slate by staying
honest.

Tags:




13 comments:

starry said...

Christabelle..beautiful post.Honesty does show maturity. I also hate dishonesty, I do try as much as possible not to lie because I always remember the poem about the spiders web and how when we lie we have to say a hundred more to cover up the first one,so I am very aware and try not to, I have to be honest and say that I have said an occasional white lie, not to hurt some one. do you think you can pen your name on my guest map because there is no one smiling at me from Africa.

Christie's Corner said...

starry nite ur so rite, I once read a book about a girl who was very pretty, intelligent and all but she was a liar, infact she lied her way into big time trouble with simple lies that she hadnt meant to hurt anybody with. thats just the worst thing abt lies once u start, hey! lie all the way.

'do you think you can pen your name on my guest map because there is no one smiling at me from Africa'

I wld very much love to do that but havent got a clue. what do I do?
Hey

Keshi said...

it sure is! be honest to others and to urself, always.

Keshi.

Ebun said...

It is very hard for some people to be honest. I went to a blog this morning and Echotalked about the seven things God hates and lying is one of them.

Kathy said...

...Hi Christabelle ^_^ thanx for droppin' by on my blog and for givin' comment.
..oh ur from Nigeria? i have one friend there and he's one of my first friend here on net...sad thing is i don't have any communication from him for several months now.. the last time we talked he said that he's busy in the Hospital.;(

...glad to meet a fellow Christian here, really God moves.

..nice blog u have here, i'll read more later.

..take care and enjoy weekend!

cheers,
-kathy-

Christie's Corner said...

keshi drearie, happy birthday to ya! thats one thing most pple who lie do to themslves, they lie to themslves 2, thereby living a lie thruout their lives, too bad.

Ebun I'll go check out the write up now.

thx kathy, ur blog is nice. so ur a christian! now I'm very excited, sure God moves.

Dinma said...

It pays to be honest. It's one of my principles in life which I don't toy with. Honesty helps to boost your repute. this is a very nice.

Angela Ulloa said...

Hi there,

Beautyfull topic this one you posted. I'd like to say so much things and I can't find the words in english...

So I'll just say that it is a consolation for me to find your reflection and to know that there is people in the world (particularly at the other side of it!) that worries about this matters and understand how non trivial is this lying thing and how much wrong and pain it can cause.

There is a saying in spanish: "La mentira tiene patas cortas", it means "lie has short legs"... so, any way, people will always catch it!

Regards (and thank you for stoping by at my blog)

Angela.

Christie's Corner said...

Angela, I cant tell u how much I appreciate u being here, thks so much 4 the kind words.
Now I'm waitng 4 those posts in English!!!

Christie's Corner said...

... and dimna, it sure does pay 2 b honest, I'm glad its one of ur principles, its one of mine 2.

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

You were spot on that post.

God bless.

*Tanyetta* said...

Honestly speaking, whenever I'm HONEST with someone, I've always been told that I am:
Intimidating
Very in your face type of a person
and the list goes on.

For instance, I'm talking with a friend and I notice she has broccolli in her teeth. Do I tell her? Of course. Well, I did that once and OMG she had a fit. And here I was being HONEST. Oh well.

Christie's Corner said...

Hi Tanyetta.
me 2, I've bn told I dnt know how to pretend, bt u see pple prefer lies to truth, cant figure out y.

theres this saying in my place that it is only ur real friend that can tell u that u hv bad breath, in other words, be honest with u.

thks 4 stopping by, hope u'll be back.