Monday, June 19, 2006

Self Esteem

Self Esteem, how does one find it, low self esteem, how
does one get it?

Esteem, according to Websters Dictionary means to value,
appraise, estimate, to have great regard for; value highly; favorable opinion, high regard.
To have low self esteem is to not value, or have high regard for yourself. People with low self esteem never feel in charge of their own lives. They often feel like victims. They feel like outsiders, left out, unimportant, etc.. However low self esteem has two faces.
One is the personality that seems to always be the under achiever, the negative one, the one who says I cant, I shouldnt, I have to. The other face is the person who seems very confident, very opinionated, positional. All of this bravado is still a face of low self esteem. This type of person,is usually self centered, cant take criticism, instruction, or direction. They may be in leadership positions, and yet not be true leaders. This type of low self esteem will often deny that anything is wrong, because thinking they are in charge is their protection.

Now what is the face of true self esteem? Those with true self esteem are in charge of their lives. They take 100% responsibility for everything that happens in their lives. If relationships are not working in their life, they ask, what is it in me that is attracting this type of person or what am I doing to create this situation, instead of blaming the other person, if only they would, or could do this or that. If their finances are not what they desire, they ask what can I do to change this and they tap into their creative, intuitive side to do this. They do not waste time saying, there is never enough, if only I had a better job, if only, if only. They set about discovering why this is presently their situation. True self esteem values itself, it says, I can do, I can have, I can make my life what I desire it to be.
So today get in touch with your true self which is perfect in every way because it knows it was created perfect by a perfect creator. It is the false self that finds fault in who it is and lacks self esteem. Finding your Authentic or true self is the only adventure you cant afford to miss in life!

Don't you think so?

Tags:




10 comments:

Amber @ Cafe Physique said...

I really needed to hear this today!!! Thank you for the encouraging words.

Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Christabelle,

Just wanted to send you a quick email to say that I stopped by your blog. Will come back in the future.

Blessings,

Don

omowunmi said...

Christabelle, where have you been? mail me: omowunmijonathan22@yahoo.com

Pilgrimage to Self said...

The African Food Blog has launched, please visit www.africanfoodblog.blogspot.com to see how you can be a part of it. thanks!

PS - spread the word

Heidi said...

Perfect timing..Thankyou for this.

Anonymous said...

I needed this. I've been in a slump lately, and I need to take control. Thank you, and God bless:)

Keshi said...

cool encouraging post!

**They take 100% responsibility for everything that happens in their lives

I think ur spot on here! One must always rem that what happens to her/him is due to their own actions.


Keshi.

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Esteem can be erroneous and ambiguous.

Status symbols and social backgrounds of the social class strata often influence our esteem.

Poor people generally have low esteem and also semi-literate and illiterate peole suffer from inferiority complex.

I hate egos and I dismiss those who flaunt egos.

What matters most is not what we have, but what we do with what we have. And the values and virtues of what we have and do and their benefits to us and others should determine our esteem.

Mother Theresa did more for India than all the rich men in India.

Everybody is somebody.

God bless.

Christie's Corner said...

amber, I'm so glad my words were encouraging.

Don the poet, gd 2 hv u here.

Hey healthydiet, I tink I shld be asking u dat, girl where hv u bn? anyway I'm glad u've come out of hiding ha!

Pilgrimage2self, I'll sure come around.

Heidi, ur very much welcome.

Belle, thats d spirit, go girl!

Keshi, i agree with u 100%

Osy, yes I hate egos 2, and self esteem does nt hv anyting to do with what u hv or dnt hv, it's all about how u value and regard urself. thks 4 sharing the thot.
thks y'all!

Unknown said...

Christabelle,
U seem to have read my mind when u made this post. I do wake often feeling down and reading this has really lifted my spirit.
Bless you.